Squids In: A charity challenge especially for students
What can you do with £50?
Squids In is a charity challenge especially for students. It’s your chance to put on your dream event, pursue that business idea, or do anything else you feel like doing.
We’ll give you £50 to get started, and your job is to raise as much money as possible from your venture, in four weeks (or whatever time frame best suits your idea). This money will go to Cavendish Cancer Care, to support local cancer patients and their families.
How does it work?
1.) Send a CV and 250-300 words on why you want to get involved to Claudia on C.Downs@cavcare.org.uk. (You can also tell us about your idea, if you have one!) Tell us when you want to start your challenge – we’re flexible!
You can enter as an individual, a pair, or a group of up to 4 people.
2.) If you’re successful, we’ll invite you/your group in to meet with the team here at Cavendish. You’ll receive training and expert support to help make your idea a reality.
3.) We’ll give you £50 to get you started.
4.) Off you go!
What’s in it for me?
• An impactful addition to your CV.
• A reference from staff at the charity.
• Training from the team at Cavendish to help you develop and execute your idea.
• Hands-on experience in events, marketing, business skills…or whatever you decide to do!
• Change the lives of people who have been affected by cancer.
• Have fun with your friends, and meet new ones through the scheme!
Please feel free to contact the team for an informal chat about Squids In by calling 0114 275 4070 or emailing email@example.com.