Working With Cancer
We've taken the pledge
Working With Cancer
50% of all people with cancer are afraid to tell their employers.
But not enough company leaders and companies are aware of this fact.
Working with Cancer is a pledge from those in charge, to take charge.
The initiative aims to abolish the stigma and insecurity that exist for people with cancer in the workplace.
We stand together to provide a more open, supportive and recovery-forward culture at work for all employees with cancer.
The pledge has garnered support from thousands of corporate businesses, non-profits and health care providers across the globe including Barclays, L’Oréal, Toyota, Pfizer and Marriot.
We are proud to say that in Summer 2023 we, at Cavendish Cancer Care, have taken the pledge
Download our Working With Cancer Flyer
Download our Working with Cancer Partnerships flyerView Flyer
Find out more about Working With Cancer
All about the pledge, global supporters and overall aimsFind out more
Read the latest report
Latest research from Institute of Employment Studies into cancer in the workplace in the UKRead Report
Commonly asked questions
Commonly asked questions about work and cancerWork and Cancer Questions
For 30 years Cavendish Cancer Care has been providing expert support to people affected by cancer. Promoting and supporting wellbeing is at the very heart of our purpose. This extends through our own team of staff, volunteers and stakeholders, ensuring that they too receive the support that they need.
At Cavendish we pledge that we will:
- Foster a working environment where people feel able to talk about a cancer diagnosis, for themselves or in their family.
- Take a proactive approach to understand the individual needs of our colleagues who are affected by cancer.
- Ensure that all staff are equipped with the skills and confidence to support colleagues affected by cancer.
- Ensure that staff have a good understanding of cancer and the impact of treatment.
- Offer counselling and complementary therapy free of charge to anyone affected by cancer.
- Provide cancer awareness and cancer conversation training sessions to local organisations to open the dialogue around cancer.
Partner with Us
We are partnering with local organisations to support them with their working with cancer objectives and creating open and supportive workplaces.
As a Working With Cancer Cavendish Partner you will receive:
- Training on supportive conversations around cancer
- Awareness raising through 1/2 day drop in session detailing signs & symptoms, and risk factors
- Support with your pledge
- Cavendish Working with Cancer Partner certificate
- Ongoing advice and signposting
This partnership would be an initial investment of £1695, equating to funding the equivalent of 60hours of therapy at Cavendish Cancer CareInterested in becoming a partner?