Vacancy – Fundraiser
August 16, 2021
Fundraiser – Cavendish Cancer Care
Would you like to make a difference to the lives of local families affected by cancer?
Cavendish Cancer Care has over 30 years’ experience in providing emotional and physical support to patients and their family members, offering professional one to one and group support for adults as well as specialist support for children and young people.
This is a unique role where experience and training in all the main areas of fundraising will be provided. Working alongside the Head of Fundraising and supported by other team members you will contribute to and lead on a broad range of fundraising activities. This post is ideally suited to someone who has some fundraising experience and wants to develop their career, or an individual looking to apply and develop the knowledge they have gained in a different sector. Over time, the post holder will be able to specialise in the area(s) of fundraising where they feel they are most effective. The role is target driven, high energy and person centered, particularly suiting someone who enjoys building relationships with others. Cavendish Cancer Care is in an exciting growth and development phase, and as such the role offers a great opportunity to innovate, lead and shape our department.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a forward-thinking organisation at the forefront of our field, helping us to deliver our purpose; to improve the lives of people living with and beyond cancer. We have an evidence based approach which has gained the respect of the mainstream medical professions. We take great pride in the work that we do and the impact that it has on people’s lives.
We have a culture of compassion and commitment which runs throughout the organisation and makes Cavendish Cancer Care a rewarding, supportive and positive place to work.
• Strong IT skills and sound working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent communications skills
• Confident, assertive and resilient
• Ability to work both independently and as part of the team
• Exceptionally well organised with ability to manage multiple deadlines effectively
• Adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
• Experience of either charity/not-for-profit or sales/business development
• Direct fundraising experience
• Experience of events and/or project management
• Experience of meeting and exceeding financial targets and/or KPIs
• Experience of using CRMs/databases and Adobe InDesign
• Experience of managing a portfolio of clients & securing/scheduling regular meetings
• Digital/social marketing experience including website content management and social media
If you’re excited by this challenge and think you would like to join us, we’d love to hear from you.
Full Job Description – Cavendish Cancer Care Fundraiser – Job Description
Please provide a CV and covering letter to tell us why you are a suitable candidate for the role to Jonny Cole, Head Of Fundraising firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date Thursday 2nd September (23:59)
Contract Status: Permanent, Full time
Working hours: Normal office hours are Mon- Fri 9.00 – 5.30, however flexible working is encouraged as evening and weekend working is required as needed.
Salary: £21,000 with progression to £23,000 upon successful completion of a probationary development and training phase.
Pension: Cavendish Cancer Care Group Personal Pension Plan, Royal London
Employer Contribution 3%, Employee Contribution, variable up to 8%
Annual Leave: 25 days + Bank Holidays
How we treat your data
We take the protection and security of the information you provide extremely seriously. Unless you are successful in securing employment with Cavendish Cancer Care, we will use it only as part of our recruitment processes, to assess your suitability for any vacancies within our team. For further information about our approach, please download our privacy notice.