Top tips – get prepared for the Sheffield Together 2015!
October 5, 2015
It’s a little over a month until our annual fun run, the Sheffield Together 2015. Come on Sheffield, let’s get together and show our support for people affected by cancer.
There’s no pressure – just a fun, muddy walk, jog or run around Ecclesall Woods.
Top tips for training:
- Get the right pair of shoes!
- Make sure that you’ve worn them in; nobody wants blisters.
- Train steadily.
- Don’t expect to just pull on your trainers and run 5 or 10k if you’ve never done it before. Gradually build up your stamina by increasing your distance whenever you train.
- Make it social.
- Get some mates involved – you won’t be lonely and you can raise even more money for charity!
- Warm up before the race.
- Make sure you stretch and warm yourself up before the race. Don’t forget – it’ll be a November morning, you’ll want to be as warm as you can!
- Don’t stress about it.
- It may seem like a long way, but there’s absolutely no pressure. The idea is to have fun and raise money for charity. You can walk it if you like – or you can do 5km! It’s totally up to you.
Keep training, keep fundraising and keep thinking of the difference that you’ll make to local families affected by cancer.