Students raise a staggering £9319 for Cavendish Cancer Care
May 26, 2016
A big thank you to Events Management students from Sheffield Hallam University, who as part of their Live Event module, ran a series of events in February and March 2016 raising more than £9000.
The events included:
- A 10k Neon Night-walk around the Ecclesall area of Sheffield.
- A ‘Floral Touch’ flower arranging event around Mother’s Day.
- A ‘Night of Urban Aristocracy’ live music night at Theatre Delicatessen in Sheffield City Centre.
- A ‘Tuck into Teatime’ vintage tea party.
- A ‘Casino Killer’ murder mystery evening.
- Sheffield’s version of popular television show ‘Take me Out’
- An English wine and cheese pairing night.
- David Bowie Tribute evening
- Chinese New year Celebration
- And finally, a gin tasting evening at the Viper Rooms in Sheffield city centre.
Because of the student’s hard work and effort, and the generosity of the people involved, we are pleased to announce that they managed to raise a whopping £9319.51 for Cavendish Cancer Care. This is the equivalent to 25 full year courses of therapy or 358 individual sessions for local cancer patients and their families
Following the success of the events organised by the students, Picture This Events threw ‘The Platform Projects Awards evening’ for the teams involved.
Jonny Cole of the fundraising team at Cavendish Cancer Care went along and presented the award to the team who won the award for the most funds raised for our charity. Their English Cheese and Wine Pairing event raised an amazing £2527!
Jonny said “We are delighted that the hard work of the students has paid off. Their passion and drive is the reason that they managed to raise £9319.51 for us and we could not be more grateful. The events were spectacular and we were very impressed with the effort and thought that went into them. We can’t wait to see what next year brings!”