Join our team – Centre Manager
April 30, 2021
Centre Manager – Tim Pryor Centre
Are you an experienced Practice Manager or Office Manager within a healthcare setting who would like to help make a difference to the lives of local families affected by cancer?
Cavendish Cancer Care has over 30 years’ experience in providing emotional and physical support to patients and their family members, offering professional counselling, body-based therapies and specialist support for children and young people. We work alongside the NHS providing a service which complements and supports medical treatment. Over the past year we have also developed a number of digital services which people can access from home including online therapy, wellbeing groups and courses.
We are looking for a Centre Manager who will oversee all aspects of operational management including premises, IT systems, finance, HR, health & safety, and maintaining quality standards. They will ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day activities of the organisation and our therapy centre, and will work together with the senior leadership team on service development and business planning.
The Centre Manager will promote an accessible, welcoming and safe environment for clients, staff, volunteers and visitors. They will oversee financial, HR and administrative processes across the organisation, managing a small team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a forward-thinking organisation at the forefront of our field, helping us to deliver our purpose; to improve the lives of people living with and beyond cancer. We have an evidence based approach which has gained the respect of the mainstream medical professions and take great pride in the work that we do and the impact that it has on people’s lives.
We have a culture of compassion and commitment which runs throughout the organisation and makes Cavendish Cancer Care a rewarding, supportive and positive place to work.
Cavendish Cancer Care is a registered charity.
• Line management experience
• Experience of managing finance and accounting procedures
• Current knowledge of HR processes and policies including recruitment and selection, performance reviews
• Knowledge of health and safety legislation, risk assessment
• Strong IT skills and sound working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to develop, implement and embed policy and procedures
• Experience of successfully developing and implementing projects
• Excellent communications skills
• Confident, assertive and resilient
• Ability to drive and deliver change effectively
• Ability to motivate teams, enhance morale and maintain a positive working environment
• Adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
• Experience in healthcare management / practice management
• Experience of working in a healthcare / social care setting
• Experience of managing a multidisciplinary team
• Management Qualification
• Experience of using a CRM/patient management software
• Experience in mentoring and developing employees
• Social Marketing experience including website content management and digital/online social media
• Property/facilities Management
• Health and Safety Qualification
• CIPD Qualification
If you’re excited by this challenge and think you would like to join us, we’d love to hear from you.
Please provide a CV and covering letter to tell us why you are a suitable candidate for the role by midnight on 16th May to Emma Draper, CEO firstname.lastname@example.org
How we treat your data
We take the protection and security of the information you provide extremely seriously. Unless you are successful in securing employment with Cavendish Cancer Care, we will use it only as part of our recruitment processes, to assess your suitability for any vacancies within our team. For further information about our approach, please download our privacy notice.