Vision, mission and values
Cavendish Cancer Care believes that people affected by cancer have individual needs that cannot always be fully addressed by their health care providers and social support networks. We offer a place for people to go to talk, to get physical and emotional support and to help them deal with the way cancer has affected them and their life. We are an independent local charity established over 20 years ago giving free emotional support to people affected by cancer in Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
Our vision is clear. We want to improve the quality of life for people living with cancer by providing emotional and physical support to them and their families where and when they need it most. Cavendish Cancer Care – facing cancer together.
To help people in South Yorkshire, North Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire adjust to, cope with and face up to the impact of living with cancer by treating the person and not the illness. We aim to improve their quality of life, enrich their emotional wellbeing and provide the support they need to deal with the challenges life threatening and life limiting illness places on people’s lives.
To achieve this we:
- Offer support, counselling and therapies to help people face the impact cancer can have on the lives of the patient and their family
- Have a team of trained professionals who work closely with patients/clients to give individually tailored support at critical times following a unique evaluated model of care
- Work with people to find ways to adjust, cope and improve their quality of life
- Offer a service that is free of charge to the patient and their carer or children
- Work in an collaborative way with the NHS, hospices and primary care to ensure the highest quality of care for people affected by cancer
- Help people to feel more in control, more confident and more able to cope
- Consider the needs of patients and will broaden our services to reach new clients in new areas where appropriate
- Professional – we set ourselves high standards both in what we do and how we do it and believe our model of care is what makes the real difference to our families
- Respectful – we treat people with respect and courtesy and value people’s differences, considering our thoughts and actions and the impact they will have on others
- Open and honest – we are open and transparent in everything we do. We act in the best interests of our patients, our supporters and our staff and are accountable for our activities
- Unflappable – to provide the services we do, we are persistently calm, reliable and collected and approach all challenges and opportunities in a considered way
- Determined – we work hard to make a difference, determined to work together to make a real, positive impact for people who need us, now and in the future