Will Month – Nov 2021
November 1, 2021
Making a Will is the only way you can be sure that your wishes are carried out and your loved ones are provided for after your death. It’s one of those things that it’s easy to put off so why not act now to ensure your wishes are properly expressed. Book an appointment for Cavendish Will month with Best Solicitors this November and every penny of their reduced fee will come to directly support us.
What do I do?
- Contact Best Solicitors using the details below and quoting “BES11Cav21” to make an initial appointment to discuss your requirements
- After this appointment, to proceed you can use the button below to make your donation to Cavendish, we will let Best Solicitors know once this has been received
- You will then complete the process with Best Solicitors
- If you’d like to speak to one of our team about a gift in your Will, please contact us on 0114 275 4070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alison Gregory and Emma Thistlewhite
Broughton House, 48 West Street,
Sheffield, S1 4EX
0114 281 3636
In light of the current situation and restrictions, they are continuing to be flexible with appointments where possible. Please note, appointments are on a first come first served basis.
Suggested donation of;
- £95 for a single Will
- £150 for a Mirrored Will.
Whatever you decide to donate or leave to Cavendish, we’ll be truly thankful. By making your Will through us, you can make a difference to your own life and to those we continue to support.
If you would prefer to donate by cheque, please send your cheque (made payable to Cavendish Cancer Care) and include your name, address and a note that this is for our Will Month to;
The Fundraising Team
Cavendish Cancer Care
Tim Pryor Centre
34 Wilkinson Street
Why should I make my Will in Cavendish Will Month?
It’s important to make a Will if your circumstances change, for instance:
• There’s a new baby in the family
• You buy or sell a house
• You marry, divorce or cohabit
• Your financial situation alters
During Cavendish Will Month, you’ll be getting great value for money, at the same time as supporting local cancer patients and their families. By making a Will with Best Solicitors during Cavendish Will month you’ll be making a donation that will have an immediate effect on local cancer patients and their families. By leaving a gift in your Will to Cavendish Cancer Care you will ensure vital services that the NHS cannot afford to provide, will be there for families affected by cancer in the future. Cavendish will be truly thankful.
Making your Will can make a difference, you’ll be changing lives – Thank you.
At Best Solicitors, we encourage everyone to make a Will. Making a Will is generally seen as something to do later in life. However, you’re never too young to plan for your future, and our checklist for making a Will is here to help you do just that!
Similarly, people have the misconception that Wills are only for the wealthy which is also incorrect.
A Will may be the most important document that you ever write as it allows you to select the person/people who will receive what you own when you die.
If you don’t have a Will in place the Law of Intestacy will take over. This may mean that the persons you would have liked to receive your estate in fact, may not. For example, if you are an unmarried couple, you may believe that everything will pass to your partner. This is incorrect.
Some advantages of making a Will are as follows:
- You state who you wish to inherit your assets.
- You can consider and plan for any tax liabilities your estate may face
- You can determine the age at which any younger beneficiaries will inherit. You can even nominate who you want to be Guardians to your children if they are under the age of 16.
- You can record your wishes about a funeral, burial or cremation. At a time of grieving this can offer great assistance to relatives who may not know your wishes if you do not put them down on paper.
- You can also avoid family arguments because your wishes are set out clearly
No matter your age or wealth, a Will gives you the opportunity to not only deal with your finances but to provide your wishes regarding the care of any children; including your furry ‘children’, to ensure that any sentimental items pass to the correct person and to guarantee that loved ones are aware of any special requirements or wishes you may have concerning your funeral