Our model of care
Cavendish Cancer Care believes that people affected by cancer have individual needs that cannot always be fully addressed by their health care providers and social support networks. We offer a place for people to go to talk, and someone to help them deal with the way cancer has affected them and their life. We are an independent charity established over 20 years ago giving free emotional support to people affected by cancer.
What a wonderful place to come to, always welcome, always friendly – a haven of warmth from which you always emerge back out into the world feeling stronger, knowing somebody cares.
I am feeling well and enoying my life. I appreciate life much more and feel back in control.
Cancer survivors face numerous physical, psychological, social, spiritual and financial issues for the remaining years of their lives.
It is estimated that 1.2 million people in the UK are living following a diagnosis of cancer and, as cancer incidence rises and cancer mortality falls, the number of people living with cancer will grow significantly over the coming decade (1.5% of men and 2.5% of women in UK). As this group grows, so too will the number of people living after cancer.
Making a difference in South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire.
I hesitated before I visited the Cavendish, but everyone was so warm and friendly, before we knew it I was sitting down with a cup of tea!
People affected by cancer often feel a variety of emotions from fear, to anxiety, anger, depression and loneliness. We are here to help local people.
- We will work with you and help you to: adjust to cancer, improve your emotional wellbeing and enrich your life
- Cavendish Cancer Care is free of charge to everyone who needs us
- You may have just been diagnosed with cancer or have been living with its effects for a while
- You might be caring for a partner or a parent who has cancer
- You might be a child or a young person whose parents or carers are affected by cancer
- While conventional medicine treats the disease, Cavendish Cancer Care takes care of the emotional affects of cancer, through complementary therapy and support
- Each year the number of people we help with our pioneering therapy support services grows by 10%